Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 21, 2011 - The Beginning

Here I am... trying out this blogging thing.  We'll see how it goes!

It's 4 days til Christmas - yay!  That means my training for my first half marathon (gulp) starts in 5 days - yikes! Did you know that the end of April 2012 is a looooooong time from now??  (17 weeks to be exact)  I mean - between now and then, we will change years...we will changes seasons...I will turn another year older.

The stats - my training begins Monday, December 26th - however it's just a gym workout - so I keep saying it starts Tuesday with my first actual run.  My training schedule is 16 weeks - but I padded it a week because I know SOMETHING will get in my way.  I've already registered for my race - which is the Country Music Marathon and Half Marathon here in Nashville on Saturday, April 28, 2012 <---------looong time from now - if you didn't get that the first time I mentioned it.  =D

I can do this!  Why not, right?  I have the time, I have the recent athletic background, I have the drive... the want - but I'm freakin' scared to death!  I'm mainly scared I'll quit in the middle of my training.  That is ALL that goes through my head:  'what if I fail?'  'what if I don't finish the training?'  I soooo need to switch my thoughts.  I CAN do this!  I keep hearing Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser in my head..."Do NOT stop unless you are gonna puke or pass OUT!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment