1) Mild to moderate strain in 3 muscles around upper tibia (soft-tissue issue);
2) Benign bone cyst at back of tibia/below knee joint;
3) Swelling on bone - 3 inches below knee joint aka "stress reaction"; "tibial stress syndrome"; "stress edema"
No signs of stress fracture at all.
1) Dose pack steroids - 6 days, then 800 mg ibuprofen 3x/day;
2) Address muscle part/soft tissue with physical therapy - 2-3x/week for 2 weeks;
3) Crutches til the end of the month;
4) No impact exercise - can swim and maybe bike
Don't worry about the cyst at all.
Yes, I'm glad I don't have a stress fracture. Yes, there are a LOT more things in life that could be worse. But right now in MY little running world, I'm devastated.
I cried like a baby all day yesterday. The news plus the pain plus being so helpless around my house and having to have everyone else do almost everything for me plus my boys getting ready to leave plus my mom calling saying she probably wasn't going to be able to not only fly with the boys to FL but not even be able to take them to the airport because she is so sick.
Do you ever feel like your fairy godmother stepped out for a smoke break???
SO, today is today and that is all I'm going to (try to) focus on. I haven't cried once so far and it's already 10:30 a.m.
I got up at 5:15 a.m. to