Saturday, April 28, 2012

I'm baaaaack.

The Country Music Marathon and Half Marathon was this morning - I watched it from the couch with a cup of coffee.



And here is Sheryl Crow (right) running the half this morning:



NEXT.

Today was also the first day I have logged any miles by foot since my last 9-miler in March!  It wasn't a run - just a walk - following doctor's orders.  And those orders are to start walking, then aggressive walking, then run/walk - over a 4-5 week period.  I'll take it!

Pity party is officially over.  CMM Half Marathon is officially over.  So what does that mean?  I need a new goal.

Right now, my new goal is to do the Women's Half Marathon here in Nashville on September 22nd.  The most exciting thing I just read on the website:  "New Faster, Flatter Course!"  Flatter, huh??  Suh-weet!


I've already removed the calendar from the fridge and counted the weeks backwards from September 22nd and it looks like the timing will be perfect - I can take my month to walk and get back in the groove, choose my training program (thinking of going with Jeff Galloway's), and be right on time for the half marathon.  

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment