Monday, July 2, 2012

Half marathon training - TAKE 2!

That's right.  Today was Week 1 (of 12) Day 1 of my second attempt to train for a half marathon - I'm super excited!  Today:  cross train.  CHECK.

I decided to register to train with Fleet Feet so I would be with ... well, people.  And I'm not much of a people-person, so this is mainly for selfish reasons.  Ok, ok.  I'm excited to maybe make a few friends too.  ;)  More importantly, I want to show up at that starting line on September 22nd and finish my first half marathon damnit!!  Injury-FREE!  And this is the Women's Half Marathon so my training group is 99% women, with coaches, pace trainers, and physical therapists all on hand!  Surely I can make it this time with all that.

Our first group run is this Saturday at 7:00 a.m.  I'll have to leave my house BY 6:00 to get there early, sign-in, and the other stuff that no one knows about since it is the first group run.  Which means my alarm will be going off in the 5:00 hour.  On a Saturday.  During the summer.  I must really want this baaaad.  I am also getting a new car that day (maybe sooner) and we leave for the beach for 8 days the next morning.  So I have just a few things going on this week - all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment