Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FAT Tuesday!

(FYI - To date, I have ran over 100 miles for my half marathon training - whoo hoo!!)

So to celebrate Fat Tuesday, let's revisit the issue of losing weight - or lack there of.  After asking on running forums, talking to my personal trainer, talking to other runner friends, and doing every weight loss calculator I can find online, I have succumbed to the fact that I need MORE calories to lose weight.  I looooove food.  So this should be a piece of cake.  =D  Right?  (MmMmMmMmmmmm - cake.)



Because 3,500 calories equals about 1 pound (0.45 kilogram) of fat, you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in to lose 1 pound. So if you cut 500 calories from your typical diet each day, you'd lose about 1 pound a week (500 calories x 7 days = 3,500 calories).


Ok - so I was eating around 1250-1300 calories/day - most days.  I am now at a MINIMUM of 1600 calories/day.  So, it's 5 pm and I've already had 1300+ calories and haven't even had dinner AND I burned 500+ today running and at the gym, so I need the rest of my evening to calculate to at least 800ish calories.  I just poured a glass of pinot noir so there's 100 to start.

By the way, my 8 mile run on Saturday with the Nashville Striders - loved it!  That was the quickest (in my mind) run to date.  I burned 924 calories with that run - amazing.

Let the weight loss begin!!!  (It better.  If I gain weight with all this, I'll be one pissed off chica.)


No comments:

Post a Comment