Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ice, Ice, Baby

Ice is a runner's BFF.  And sometimes the ONLY thing that will make your knees or your quads or your calves or your glutes - anything - feel better.  I have yet to do this, but a lot of runner's take an ice bath immediately following a long run or race - to reduce inflammation to ALL parts at once.  I can't even imagine.  I hate the cold so plopping down into my nice relaxing, over sized round tub ... into ICE??  I think I'll pass (for now).  And what about my girl parts?  I think I'd wear a bathing suit to somewhat protect 'em.  (giggle)

Saw this on Pinterest today and it is so true:


The last pic would definitely be me.  I think I'd rather do just about anything than submerge myself in ice.  Makes me want to cry just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment