Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!!

So New Year's Eve my hubby booked our hotel for the race!!  I'm so freakin' excited.  I reeeeeally wanted to stay near the start line, and we could have, to the tune of almost $500 for 1 night.  Just couldn't do it.  So we will be staying closer to the finish, which is fine.  Anything is closer to downtown Nashville than our house out in the sticks in Lebanon, TN!!

New Year's Day was my first "long" run EVER - 4 miles - AND it was a PR for me ('personal record' in runner lingo) because my farthest distance to run to date was like 3.8.  The first mile sucked big time.  I was freezing.  It was all uphill.  I felt I weighed 500 lbs (I don't - tee hee).  And wind gusts of about 25 mph.  I had to walk several times in that 1st mile - which pissed me off - BUT I have to remember that covering the whole distance is more important than having to walk a bit.  And walking helps with preventing injuries - which I am too accustomed to - so there.  When I ran back towards my car, I still had .5 miles to go!!!  So around and around and around I went in the Publix parking lot and sometimes the church across the street (there's one on every corner in the south ya know!).  I was in bed by 7:30 p.m.

Today - I'm sore.  Yowzhaa!  But a 'good sore'.  And I feel good in my head knowing I'm still on track.

So, this week?  I do exactly the same as last week.  Still getting used to some of the routines that Jason has me doing for warm-up, warm-down, and core exercises.  Core exercises <--------------- blech!  I hate doing them - probably because they are my weakness.  But Jason says I have to do them - which is why I hired him!

Also this week - kids go back to school (insert Charlie Brown happy dance).  I'm ready to be on a normal routine again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment