Monday, January 30, 2012

Ding dong!

(don't you love packages at the door!?!?)

...and the winner is...............



As my bff said - 'those are kick ass'.  Yes... yes they are.

And I am hoping that new shoes will be the help my knees need!  Oi.  After my SIX (yay me!) mile run on Sunday, they were killing me.  Actually, as we speak, I have corn and peas on the knees again.  BUT, the little pain/ache I have now compared to yesterday?  Zero.

Back to my SIX (yay me again!) - I'm more than dumbfounded that I have even done this.  Seriously.  This is NOT easy for me - nor is it normal.  As I've mentioned before, I'm no born runner.  Nuh uh.  I don't just cruise down the street, or the treadmill, or the Greenway (finally did it!) and look like "one of those runners" that looks like they are the happiest human on earth.

Speaking of the Greenway, the only spot I know to even get on the damn thing is in front of Kohl's.  I looked it up online and thought about going over to Percy Priest Dam and starting there - but I had no clue how to get to the actual trail.  So, my adventurous self went directly to Kohl's.  It was a gorgeous day here in Nashville on Sunday - like 55+ degrees - I was in shorts and a t-shirt at the end of January!  I do have to admit that the Greenway is quite pretty...


...and this is January!  Everything is dead.  Anyway, I always like to go out 1/2 my distance (3 miles on Sunday) on any run and then back - because I have to come back.  Always.  At my 3 miles, guess where I was??  Yep - Percy Priest Dam - I'll be damn.  So THAT will be my 6 mile jaunt (that's putting it lightly) from now on!


No comments:

Post a Comment