Thursday, January 19, 2012

Single digits!

99 days to go!  Yee haw!  And as pumped as I am, I am fretting a bit at the moment with a bag of peas on my left shin.  But you can ask my husband - any little quirk or sting in my legs and I promptly RICE.

R.I.C.E. - rest, ice, compression, elevate

Today I got a 90 minute massage.  Ahhhhhhhhhh.  Wow was that needed!  And not just because my hammies were locked up like a vault, nor because I almost came off the table when she steam-rolled my quads - but for the sanity and the stress-relief.  After yesterday's hard-boiled egg explosion all over my kitchen to start the day AND the visit from a little charcoal grey mouse in my kitchen to end my evening, I think I deserved it.

Other than that, I cleaned my house (some) and have Savory Bean and Spinach Soup in the crock-pot as we speak/type/read.  =D

Three miles are on the books tomorrow plus core workout <---------- puke.  I loathe doing core work... but that is because it's where I need the most work.  I guess after 1 c-section and birthing 2 others, it tends to get a little lazy.  But what pisses me off is my cousin, who also has 3 kids - 3 precious boys to be exact - has the flattest stomach ever!  And so does my sister-in-law who ironically has 3 boys as well.  Maybe it was Lucy - the female did it!  Anyway, I'm determined to get this crap toned up somehow.  I always look like I'm 3 - 4  months pregnant - you know, that just barely showing stage when you're so giddy?  Not so giddy here.

Anyway, back to the 3 miles - it actually doesn't sound that long to me now that my long Sunday runs are increasing.  On most of my runs, Jason gives me the option to run/walk in certain intervals.  I haven't done them all like that - sometimes I feel so awesome that I just run the whole thing.  And then sometimes (but not a lot anymore!), like Tuesday, I probably walk more than I run.  And as long as it's not raining buckets, I will get to run outside tomorrow!  (I can only take so much of the treadmill.)

No comments:

Post a Comment